Family, friends and neighbors,
We just want to remind you that as we approach the holidays and with the possibility of family gatherings and visitors from other parts of the country, it is important that we remain safe. COVID-19 continues to impact Nova Scotians and our community.
- Those who travel to Nova Scotia from outside of the Atlantic Provinces MUST have a plan for 14-day self-isolation. If someone cannot self-isolate on their own, those at the same location will also have to self-isolate.
- Non-essential travel from outside of the Atlantic Provinces is not recommended.
- Please continue to wash your hands, clean surfaces, physically distant, wearing a non-medical mask, cough/sneeze into you sleeve or a tissue. This will help reduce the spread of COVID-19 in our communities.
If you are feeling unwell or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, please call (902) 397-3429 for testing.
You can also visit covid-self-assessment.novascotia.ca/ to do a self-assessment or call 811 if in the past 48 hours you have had or you are currently experiencing:
- fever or cough (new or worsening)
- two or more of the following symptoms (new or worsening):
- sore throat
- runny nose
- shortness of breath
If you need support, the Association of Black Social Workers & Health Association of African Canadians COVID-19 response line is available 1-855-732-1253.
There is no cost or consequence associated with getting tested. We just want to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and keep you and your loved ones safe, happy and healthy.
Thank you for your diligence and care by following Public Health guidelines and reducing the spread of COVID-19 in our communities.